Did you know it’s asparagus season here in the UK? It’s such a super time to buy it at the moment as it’s so fresh in the supermarkets and quite often locally sourced! Absolutely one of my favourite vegetables and so versatile, I’ve shared one of my favourite Waitrose asparagus recipes below, give it a whirl!
Chargrilled Asparagus with a Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 500g English asparagus spears
- 160g bag Waitrose Beetroot Salad
- 6 tbsp Grana Padano shavings (or other Italian hard cheese), to serve
- To make the dressing, place 3 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil with the vinegar, mustard and some seasoning in a screw-top jar and shake well. Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together with a fork in a small jug.
- Remove any woody stems from the asparagus by bending the end of the spears. They should snap easily at the point where the woody part begins.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a griddle or frying pan. Place the asparagus spears in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning the spears once, until they are slightly charred and just tender (you may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl, pour the dressing over and toss lightly. Divide the salad and asparagus between 6 plates. Scatter over some Grana Padano shavings and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Have a great day folks!
So thrilled to see my little paper cacti featured in this months You & Your Wedding magazine! The perfect exotic wedding name tags for a destination or tropical themed wedding! You can find them here! These colourful cacti would also add a burst of colour to any desk, just pop them in your favourite little jar or teacup! The easiest plants you will ever look after.. and prickle-free!
This colourful papercut scene was a self initiated project. Even with self-initiated projects I like to give myself a brief and my inspiration for this one came from the very lovely organic brand of baby food called Ella’s Kitchen.. Their lip smacking Spag Bol to be precise! I wanted to create something fresh, colourful, playful and food related for my portfolio and this was the outcome! (Boxes ticked, I think?!) The Ella’s Kitchen story is so adorable and the brand is admirably environmentally friendly too.. If you’d like to read about it, click here! I’d love to hear your thoughts on this new portfolio piece folks!
I recently completed a mega exciting commission for a local newly refurbed Fish & Chip restaurant called Chez Fred. The shopfront has been so beautifully refurbished with its striped awnings and luxurious gold accents, the attention to detail makes it so wonderfully striking! I was thrilled when lovely Fred the owner wanted to go SUPERSIZE with the commission as this meant I’d get to capture all those teeny tiny details. It’s the largest scale papercut I’ve completed to date and up there at the top of the list of favourite commissions I’ve worked on. A combination of the colours, symmetry, detailing, stripes (such a sucker for stripes!) and the fact that the commission had a personal touch to it too… I’ve been eating fish & chips here for a whole 28 years!… made it such such such a super project to work on! Here are some papercut Chez Fred ‘in the making’ snaps and the finished product at the bottom. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Afternoon all! I absolutely love it when I find the time to sit down and create new prints and products, and I recently did just that! I’m excited to share my new personalised baby boy Automotive print with you, now available from notonthehighstreet. This print makes a superb custom gift to mark the birth or christening of a relative or friends little baby boy… Or you could order one yourself as a keepsake for your own little one! Your name, birth month and year will be hand cut in navy blue paper. The wording will then be scanned and added to the artwork digitally, and printed to create your personalised flat print. The lovely Alex who writes the BumptoBaby blog shared a fab photo of the personalised prints I snipped up for her little ones Logan and Ethan (below!)
Here’s a little project I’ve been working on. Created to curb my recent pattern and colour craving! Made using 100% recycled paper.
Russian dolls 2014, cut recycled paper
Thanks for popping by x
I am jolly excited to be selling at the Wimborne Christmas Fair this year! Here’s a sneak peek of a festive papercut card I’ve been working on…
Thanks for stopping by x