I am so so so delighted to be this months Bridgeman Studio ARTIST OF THE MONTH! You can read my interview and have a browse here to come behind the scenes in the studio, hear about my creative process, who inspires me and lots more!
Did you know it’s asparagus season here in the UK? It’s such a super time to buy it at the moment as it’s so fresh in the supermarkets and quite often locally sourced! Absolutely one of my favourite vegetables and so versatile, I’ve shared one of my favourite Waitrose asparagus recipes below, give it a whirl!
Chargrilled Asparagus with a Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 500g English asparagus spears
- 160g bag Waitrose Beetroot Salad
- 6 tbsp Grana Padano shavings (or other Italian hard cheese), to serve
- To make the dressing, place 3 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil with the vinegar, mustard and some seasoning in a screw-top jar and shake well. Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together with a fork in a small jug.
- Remove any woody stems from the asparagus by bending the end of the spears. They should snap easily at the point where the woody part begins.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a griddle or frying pan. Place the asparagus spears in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning the spears once, until they are slightly charred and just tender (you may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl, pour the dressing over and toss lightly. Divide the salad and asparagus between 6 plates. Scatter over some Grana Padano shavings and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Have a great day folks!
Afternoon all! I absolutely love it when I find the time to sit down and create new prints and products, and I recently did just that! I’m excited to share my new personalised baby boy Automotive print with you, now available from notonthehighstreet. This print makes a superb custom gift to mark the birth or christening of a relative or friends little baby boy… Or you could order one yourself as a keepsake for your own little one! Your name, birth month and year will be hand cut in navy blue paper. The wording will then be scanned and added to the artwork digitally, and printed to create your personalised flat print. The lovely Alex who writes the BumptoBaby blog shared a fab photo of the personalised prints I snipped up for her little ones Logan and Ethan (below!)
I’m super excited to share this personal project with you all! Kate Spade and Magnolia Bakery have collaborated to create a limited-edition collection of totes, bags, and clutches inspired by the iconic Manhattan cake shop. KS handbags and cupcakes… This was only ever going to be a recipe for amazingness! I’ve been meaning to add some more three-dimensional work to my portfolio… so here it is! I’ve called the little paper patisserie ‘Cake Spade’ (get it?!) Can you spot the scrummy cross-body cupcake bag in the window?!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! x
Brand new print up on my notonthehighstreet storefront! The perfect personalised print to mark the birth or christening of a relative or friends little bundle of joy! The print comes personalised with the little ones name and date of birth, a custom gift to be treasured forever. You can order yours here!
Thanks for stopping by! x
Even though the festive period feels many moons ago now, I hope you don’t mind me sharing the poster I illustrated for the January issue of the lovely Practical Pre-School Magazine! I was commissioned to illustrate an A3 poster for the centre-fold around the title ‘I love shiny things’. I had so much fun working on this playful brief!… Scroll down to see my very first draft… to the final product!
Jolly excited to share a new project I’ve been working on with you! Cawston Press make the scrummiest fruit and vegetable pressed juices using only natural ingredients. If you haven’t tried them yet… you need to! You can find them here. Here’s a fabulously fruity papercut illustration I made! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by x