I’m so excited to share the latest addition to my portfolio with you all, in the form of this oh-so-summery paper picnic scene! It is created entirely from cut paper and constructed with the help of
a little a lot of bluetack! I love the 3D aspect that my work has been naturally evolving over the past year or so and I think the shadows add a real depth. This sunny little scene was used by Bridgeman Studio Berlin, and featured as their picture of the week in Germany! Fantastisch! Here’s the finished illustration and some behind the scenes snaps!
Thanks for stopping by folks!
Did you know it’s asparagus season here in the UK? It’s such a super time to buy it at the moment as it’s so fresh in the supermarkets and quite often locally sourced! Absolutely one of my favourite vegetables and so versatile, I’ve shared one of my favourite Waitrose asparagus recipes below, give it a whirl!
Chargrilled Asparagus with a Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 500g English asparagus spears
- 160g bag Waitrose Beetroot Salad
- 6 tbsp Grana Padano shavings (or other Italian hard cheese), to serve
- To make the dressing, place 3 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil with the vinegar, mustard and some seasoning in a screw-top jar and shake well. Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together with a fork in a small jug.
- Remove any woody stems from the asparagus by bending the end of the spears. They should snap easily at the point where the woody part begins.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a griddle or frying pan. Place the asparagus spears in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning the spears once, until they are slightly charred and just tender (you may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl, pour the dressing over and toss lightly. Divide the salad and asparagus between 6 plates. Scatter over some Grana Padano shavings and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Have a great day folks!